Touch Football Australia (TFA) is currently seeking to appoint suitably qualified coaches to the vacant assistant coaching positions within the National Open Program. The Australian Open teams will be attending the 2020 Open Trans-Tasman in Newcastle on April 24th to 26th 2020.
Expression of Interest – Assistant Coach
TFA is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified, currently accredited and active Elite level coaches to fill the following positions.
National Open Program:
- Men’s Open Assistant Coach
- Women’s Open Assistant Coach
- Mixed Open Assistant Coach
To submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) for these positions please click on the link below. The link will take you to a page to submit your details for the application.
The EOI will include:
- Contact Details
- NCAS Coaching Level
- Previous Elite level (only) Coaching Experience
|· Various questions which can be found by clicking on the above link.|
Expressions of interest for these coaching positions will close at 5pm Monday December 9th, 2019.
The appointment term for the Open Assistant Coach positions will be from the date of appointment in 2019 through to completion of all responsibilities after the 2021 Open Trans-Tasman. This two-event campaign will involve attendance by the appointed Assistant Coach at all Team and National Selection camps and tours throughout the 2020 and 2021 preparations.
As an Australian Assistant Coach there will be a large emphasis on interaction across the program, innovation within coaching and constant professional development. This will require a need for individuals who are willing to participate in a collaborative environment, with high levels of accountability, adherence to improving technical knowledge and a focus on leadership and management.
The appointment processes for all volunteers within the HP Program, considers the balance of the applicant’s current skills and areas for improvement. In the same way coaches select athletes to fit a role within a team plan, volunteers will be selected and required to full fill the role to deliver success for Touch Football Australia.
Outlined below for your information is the prescribed key selection criteria for all volunteer appointments within TFA:
- Actively work as leaders within the broader organisation, with an ability to promote positive/collaborative working relationships and represent the organisation in a professional manner.
- Actively promote a positive culture among the appointed group, reflective of the organisation’s expectations for all participants within the sport, and above all else in line with TFA Code of Conduct and other policies.
- Display an ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Actively communicate and prepare for specific requirements of the role.
- Complete agreed assigned tasks to the expected standard of the organisation.
- Maintain absolute confidence with any confidential or Intellectual Property related information of the organisation.
- Hold and/or obtain required accreditations to undertake the role.
- Support TFA in the coordination and development of other volunteers.
- Aiding in conflict resolution as required.