NRL Touch Football
Touch Football Australia / National Rugby League
A place on the field for everyone!
Since 2013, the National Rugby League and Touch Football Australia have been in partnership to create Australia's largest sporting community.
On 13 August 2016, the strategic partnership between the National Rugby League and Touch Football Australia ticked over three years since the milestone agreement in 2013. With a celebrity Touch Football match and launch a fitting backdrop at Allianz Stadium in Sydney the partnership has gone from strength-to-strength ever since.
A significant number of benefits and activations have been achieved over the duration; from a strategic and commercial viewpoint, through to the grass roots and initiatives that have flowed between both systems and more broadly across communities in the true spirit of collaborative partnership.
Long-term benefits include:
- Greater recreation participation opportunities for all abilities and ages;
- Lowering participation and insurance costs;
- Co-ordinated pathways programs for elite athletes;
- Opportunity for strategic funding of green-space and other sporting facilities;
- More opportunities to work with government in the delivery of community and education programs.
For more information, visit www.touchfootball.com.au/nrl-tfa-strategic-partnership/